What is Express Entry?
Express Entry is system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), which manages and processes applications received through Canada’s federal economic immigration programs. Applications are received from eligible candidates who have been invited to apply to immigrate to Canada based on their human capital factors, skills, experience, and other factors.
How Express Entry Works
Express Entry Canada is a new electronic systems aimed at making immigration much simpler and easier for aspiring applicants. Express entry is a system introduced by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for processing immigration applications under the following economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Canadian Experience Class
- Some of the Provincial Nominee Programs
If you are eligible under any of the economic immigration programs, then you can get entry into the Express Entry Pool.
Take our free online assessment team now, and know if you are eligible for Canada Express Entry or not.
Our Canada Immigration experts will review your profile and then let you know about your potential chances into Express Entry.
Eligibility criteria for the Canada Express Entry
Some of the most important eligibility criteria for this immigration system are:
- You need to indulge in a language test and provide the score results. The scores of the language tests work only for two years.
- If you are an applicant from overseas, then, you have to present your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report lists. This report needs to be parallel to the Canadian education system. The report of the ECA works only for five years.
- Under the multiple point factors, you need to score at least 67 points as a candidate. Only then, you get the eligibility to apply for the Canada Express Entry System.
- As a candidate, you are required to apply online to the system and also provide your EOI.
- Once you get the Invitation to Apply or the ITA, then, you are required to provide your health and character certificates.
Apart from these basics, there are other additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill under the different programs. To understand the effectiveness of the program, make sure you understand the following additional requirements as well.
1. Requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program
For the immigrants, who want to achieve Permanent Residency on the basis of their skills, this program suits well. However, to apply under this program, you have to fall under a few eligibility criteria:
- You need to have the financial ability to support your life.
- You are required to have at least 1 year of work experience. This can be full time or part time, but the number of working hours should be same.
- You need to have proficiency in either English or French.
- The occupation you want to apply for should be on the occupation list.
Also, the young age attains you more points, which helps in getting the PR faster.
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program
You can apply for this program if you have expertise in the skilled trade such as gardening, carpentry, and others. To get the immigration through this program, you need to fulfill following requirements:
- The experience of working in a skilled trade for at least 2 years.
- The proficiency in either English or French.
- There should be a confirmed job related to your skill.
And all the other basic eligibility criteria.
3. Canadian Experience Class
People who are already living in Canada and working as well get the opportunity to apply under this program. To apply:
- You need to have at least 1 year of experience of working in Canada.
- The language proficiency in English or French.
Remember, that these are the additional requirements that you need to fulfill along with the basic eligibility criteria mentioned above.
How can you improve your score?
It is clear like crystal that you need to score high in order to improve your chances of getting a stable rank in the Comprehensive Rank System. So, if you want to get the ITA, it is important to focus on following things and improve your scores:
- Make sure you have amazing proficiency in your language to attain high scores in the language tests.
- Try to attain a valid job offer for higher ranking.
- Provide work experience that is relevant to the skills you have. This will get you more points.
- Try to get a provincial or territorial nomination. This brings valuable points in your CRS score.
- Make sure that your educational qualification is valid and accurate.
- Now, that you have gained all the knowledge related to Canada Express Entry System. It is time to know the step-by-step application procedure.