Latest PNP news:
- November 22: Quebec announced the results of the October 23 and 29 Arrima draws with 162 invitations issued.
Details of the October 23 and October 29 draws have been released.
On October 23, Quebec invited 89 people to apply for permanent selection. These candidates were chosen based on Quebec’s labour market needs.
Candidates invited in this latest selection round were among the roughly 16,000 Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) candidates who had their original applications to the program cancelled by the passage of reforms to Quebec’s Immigration Act. These changes were passed into law on June 16, 2019.
Additionally, they were either exempt from the cap that had been in place when they first applied to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program or were residing in Quebec on a study or work permit on June 16, 2019.
All those invited on October 23 had an Expression of Interest in Quebec’s online registration portal, Arrima.
Then on October 29, 2019, Quebec invited 73 candidates to submit an application for permanent selection.
Those invited in that draw needed to have a valid offer of employment. Invitations were also sent to foreign nationals staying in Quebec carrying out official duties. Among other occupations, these officials included diplomats, consular officers, and representatives of an intergovernmental organization such as the United Nations.
Quebec has invited 1757 QSWP candidates with an Arrima profile since July 4.
- Nov 22: Alberta announced the results of the Alberta Express Entry draw that took place on November 6 with invitations issued to candidates with CRS scores as low as 400. As well, Alberta announced that it has issued 5,564 nomination certificates so far in 2019.
- Nov 21: Manitoba invited 230 candidates, including 20 Express Entry candidates, to apply to the MPNP, with invitations issued under the Skilled Workers in Manitoba stream, the International Education stream, and the Skilled Workers Overseas stream.
- Nov 21: PEI invited 157 Express Entry and Labour Impact candidates to apply for provincial nomination under the PEI PNP, with another 14 business candidates also invited.
- Nov 19: British Columbia invited 56 skills immigration candidates, including Express Entry candidates, to apply for provincial nomination under the BC PNP. This was a tech pilot draw.