Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
The NSNP (Nova Scotia Nominee Program) is the program by which the government of NS selects its immigrant aspirants who will fill the labour market gaps in the province. The selected candidates will be referred to the government of Canada to apply for permanent residence.
Choosing Nova Scotia Immigration
Nova Scotia, which is at the extreme east of Canada, is one of the four Atlantic provinces of Canada. With a large coast, Nova Scotia has a large selection of beaches. Nova Scotia is the second-smallest of Canada’s provinces, after Prince Edward Island.
Apart from some federal programs, Nova Scotia has its own immigration streams, which very diversified and sometimes targeted at one profession only. Most of the NSNP streams are Express Entry aligned. There are some streams that are targeted especially to physicians and early childhood educators.
With a successful application, a provincial nomination is issued which will lead to receiving 600 extra CRS points. This will lead towards the applicant receiving an invitation to apply (ITA) in the following Express Entry draw.
Nova Scotia Occupation in-Demand List 2020
The occupations listed below are classified with National Occupations Classification (NOC). The NOC is code which helps to determine a candidate’s skill level created for a skilled, semi-skilled occupations. For applying in demanding occupation a candidate must have one year of work experience with required educational qualification.
Nova Scotia (NSNP) periodically opens for a few hundred applications a popular stream that does not need a job offer, called Nova Scotia Demand Category B. Candidates need to be aware of when the stream opens, as it closes in less than a few hours (follow us on social media to be aware on when that happens). The in-demand occupations list is as follows:
- NOC 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants
- NOC 1114 – Other financial officers
- NOC 1123 – Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- NOC 1241 – Administrative assistants
- NOC 1311 – Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- NOC 2131 – Civil engineers
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
- NOC 4021 – College and other vocational instructors
- NOC 4211 – Paralegal and related occupations
- NOC 4212 – Social and community service workers
Nova Scotia PNP – Physician stream:
Nova Scotia has also another stream that has 2 occupations that are in-demand in the province: General and Specialist Practitioners (NOC 3111 and 3112). However, to be eligible to the stream, you need to have a job offer with the Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre.
Nova Scotia PNP – Occupations In Demand stream:
Nova Scotia has also another stream that has 2 occupations that are in-demand in the province: Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) and Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511). However, to be eligible to the stream, you need to have a job offer from a Nova Scotia employer.
Category B Requirements
One year of skilled work experience in one of the target occupations (see table below).
- Canadian high school credential or equivalent.
- Proven language ability in English or French at Canadian Language Benchmark 7.
- Score 67 points or more on six selection factors.
- Have the financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia;
- Have a Canada Express Entry profile registered.
Overview of Nova Scotia’s Nominee Programs
|Stream||Main Criteria (not exhaustive)||Job Offer Required||Aligned with Express Entry||Application Fees|
|NS Demand: Express Entry Category A||Be in the Express Entry pool and have a job offer from a Nova Scotia employer||Yes||Yes||$0|
|NS Demand: Express Entry Category B||Be in the Express Entry pool and have 1 year of experience in an in-demand occupation (see link below)||No||Yes||$0|
|NS Experience: Express Entry||Be in the Express Entry pool and have min 1 year of job experience in Nova Scotia||Yes||Yes||$0|
|Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities||Be in the Express Entry pool and receive a Letter of Interest from Nova Scotia
It is impossible to know in advance who will receive an invitation, as criteria change depending on the labour needs of the province
|Skilled Worker||Valid, permanent, full-time job offer from a Nova Scotia employer||Yes||No||$0|
|Physician||Have a job offer with the Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre, for NOC 3111 and 3112 (general and specialist practitioners)||Yes||No||$0|
|Occupations in Demand||Valid, permanent, full-time job offer from a Nova Scotia employer in either NOC 3413 (Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates) or NOC 7511 (Transport truck drivers)
1 year of work experience related to the job
Who Can Apply in Nova Scotia Demand List 2020 ?
If you think you can meet with the eligibility criteria required for an Nova Scotia PNP and your occupation lies in the demand list then you should apply for it now. Our team of experts will help and assist you for further process.
Start Your Journey from India to a New, Better Life in Canada Today!
Get an express entry to Canada with Expressway Immigration
- Exceptional success rate of 100%
- Over thousands of immigration applications processed successfully
- Over 15 years of experience in Canada immigration Process
- Well trained immigration professionals in an ever-growing team
- Giving free consultation to over 10 000 immigration hopefuls every year