Last Updated on April 13, 2021
Ontario immigration has issued 528 Notifications if Interest in a new Tech Draw through its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw took place on April 13, with the invited candidates scoring between 456 and 467 Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
Candidates were required to have submitted Express Entry profiles between April 13, 2020 and April 13, 2021.
Tech Draws target six technology occupations:
- 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- 2147 – Computer engineers
- 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- 2174 – Computer programmer and interactive media developers
- 2175 – Web designers and developers
Ontario announced it would be starting Tech Draws in July 2019.
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.