This draw follows Canada’s fourth consecutive PNP-specific Express Entry draw. While Canada pauses FSW draws, provinces continue to use nominee programs to recruit skilled workers from abroad.
Ontario’s six targeted tech professions are :
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
Candidates were also required to have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience. CRS scores for this draw fell between 455 and 467.
Previous Ontario’s Draw of the Month – October 2021
October 20, 2021
Invitations to apply issued for the Masters Graduate, PhD Graduate and Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker streams
On October 20, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued invitations to apply to candidates in the Expression of Interest system pool who may qualify for the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate streams.
You may apply to these streams if you received an invitation to apply on October 20, 2021.
If you received an invitation to apply, you don’t need to contact the program.
Attention Masters Graduate applicants:
To prevent delays with the processing of your application, please ensure you provide the following to support each scoring factor for which you received points in your expression of interest:
Canadian work experience: NOC skill level
- employment/work experience reference letter(s) from Canadian employer(s) with description of job duties
- In addition to employment/work experience reference letter(s), you may also submit supporting documents that describe your duties and responsibilities including job descriptions, performance reviews and job advertisements.
Canadian work experience: duration
- employment/work experience reference letter(s) from Canadian employer(s) outlining dates of employment and hours worked per week
- full-time work experience means working in a job with at least 30 hours of paid work in a week that amounts to at least 1,560 hours of paid work in one year
- part-time equivalent work experience means:
- working in one job for at least 15 hours per week, for two years that amounts to at least 1,560 hours in that two-year period, or
- working in more than one job for at least 30 hours per week, for one year, that amounts to at least 1,560 hours of paid work in that one year period
Canadian education experience
- any other Canadian degree(s), diploma(s) or certificate(s) that you have completed
Knowledge of official languages
- any other language test(s) obtained within the last two years from an approved language testing service (IELTS, CELPIP, TEF Canada, TCF Canada)
To reduce processing times, please only upload documentation that is relevant to program criteria and the scoring factors listed in your expression of interest.
If you are unable to submit a required document due to exceptional circumstances beyond your control, please provide a detailed explanation letter when you submit your application.
October 7, 2021
Proposed Regulatory Amendments
- The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development is proposing amendments to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General) that will impact the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream.
The proposed amendments would:
- Establish a new selection criterion that would require employers seeking an approval of a NOC 7511 (Transport truck drivers) employment position under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream to be registered with Ontario’s Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) system, and to demonstrate that they have a Carrier Safety Rating (CSR) of Excellent, Satisfactory or Satisfactory-Unaudited.
- Protect successful nominees and support public safety on Ontario highways as employers without an acceptable safety rating would be ineligible for approval.
- Increase operational efficiency of the OINP and promote applications from employers with clear business ties to the province, since employers will be required to have their vehicles plated in Ontario.
The amendments are now posted on Ontario’s Regulatory Registry for public consultation.
We encourage you to provide feedback on these proposed changes during the consultation period which ends on November 21, 2021.
October 7, 2021
Notifications of interest issued for Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream
On October 7, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream.
You may apply to the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream if you received a notification of interest on October 7, 2021. If you received a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.
The OINP targeted candidates with a comprehensive ranking system score between 459-467.
October 6, 2021
Notifications of interest issued by targeted occupations for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream
On October 6, 2021, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.
You may apply to the HCP stream if you:
- received a notification of interest on October 6, 2021
- can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes listed below
If you received a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.
The OINP targeted candidates with a comprehensive ranking system score between 463-467 and work experience in the following NOC codes:
- NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
- NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
- NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
- NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
- NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 0711 – Construction managers
- NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
- NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
- NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
- NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes.