• Talk to our Canadian Immigration Experts: +918939263766 |+919566677734 |+917092556334

Branches: Chennai, Canada, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Surat

Family Sponsorship OR PR Dependent Visa


Eligible to Sponsor

A citizen of Canada of Canada or a permanent resident who is of 18 years of age or older can sponsor a spouse, a partner, dependent children, parents or grand-parents to come to Canada. But, to become a sponsor one should be of 18 years or older. The dependent spouse, children or parents can be inside or outside Canada at the time of application. Following are the various kinds of sponsorship visas an applicant can apply for:

Spouse Visa and Dependent Visa to Canada

A sponsor for a spouse visa must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada and should be of at least 18 years. The sponsor also needs to provide financial support for their spouse or dependent children for 3 years till 10 years. A spouse must be legally married to their sponsor, or must be in a legally valid same-sex or opposite-sex marriage and should be recognized by both Canadian law and the law of the country where the marriage took place. Both the sponsor and the spouse should also undergo health and character checks.

Eligibility for Spouse Visa:
An applicant can only sponsor his or her spouse or dependent only if:

  • He or she is above 18 years of age.
  • Must be able to provide financial support to spouse, common-law partner, dependent children or parents.
  • The sponsor should not have sponsored his or her relative before

Eligibility for a spouse or dependent:

  • You are eligible to apply as a spouse for a sponsor in Canada only if your marriage is legal.
  • A dependent should be under 22 years of age and should not be married.
  • Same-sex partners and civil union partners are also eligible under the dependent visa category.
  • The spouse or dependent should be able to meet certain health and character requirements.

Parent and Grand-parent Super Visa to Canada

Parents and grand-parents of permanent residents of Canada can be sponsored by their children or grand-children living in Canada. This new program has started from Dec 1, 2011. An applicant can sponsor his or her parents or grand-parents and they enjoy their vacation for up to years without the renewal of any kind of visa.

Eligibility for Parent and grand-parent visa

The parent and grand-parent visa should be applied by a person who is a:

  • Parent or a grand-parent of a citizen of Canada or a Canadian permanent resident.
  • Is invited by a Canadian host for a family vacation.
  • Can provide a written proof of financial support from their child or grand-child during his or her stay in Canada.
  • Have insurance cover for minimum 1 year.
  • Meets character and health requirement specified by CIC.

The applicants who are granted parents and grand-parent super visa can apply for Multiple Entry Visa till 10 years. If application is approved by CIC, a letter is issued to the applicant that allows the applicant to visit his or her family for 2 years.

Always keep in mind that you need be a Permanent Resident of Canada or a Canadian Citizen in order to sponsor a spouse, dependent child or your parents or grandparents. No other type of family member is eligible to be sponsored. That means you cannot sponsor or be sponsored by a sibling, cousin, niece, nephew or close friend.

Family Visa Australia

Family visas are for those individuals who are looking to go to Australia to meet or settle with their family there, visas are often granted on the basis of family ties in Australia. There are a number of different types of Australian family visas, suiting the general need.

Partner Visa Australia

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) allows you to live in Australia if you are the spouse or defacto partner of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first step towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). You have to be outside Australia, while you are applying for the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309 and also when your visa is granted. However, you can be inside Australia or offshore, when you are granted the Partner visa (subclass 100).

Parent Visa Australia (subclass 103)

The Parent visa (subclass 103) allows parents of Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to move and live permanently in Australia with their children. To apply under this visa category, you must be sponsored by your child. The sponsor needs to have lived lawfully in Australia for the two years immediately before the application is lodged.

Prospective Marriage Visa Australia

Prospective Marriage Visa is a visa granted to those individual, who wish to enter Australia to marry their fianc. A Prospective Marriage Visa is a temporary visa granted for a period of nine months. An individual must enter Australia, with an intention to marry their fiance within the stipulated period of nine months. Once you are married to your fiance you can apply for partner Visa.