Sep 20, 2019 :– Quebec immigration has announced the details of the latest draw under its new Expression of Interest system, known at Arrima.
Quebec Expression Of Interest Draws 2019
Arrima was introduced last year to receive EOIs for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program and manage its bank of candidates.
|Date of invitations||Invites Issued||Date of extraction from Arrima bank|
|19-Aug-19||444||August 15, 2019 at 6:30|
|17-Jul-19||259||July 15, 2019 at 6:30|
|04-Jul-19||691||July 2, 2019 at 6:30|
The draw saw 444 invitations to apply to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program issued on August 19, 2019. The profiles were extracted from the Arrima bank on August 15, 2019.
he draw targeted Quebec Skilled Worker Program candidates with an Expression of Interest (EOI) in the province’s Arrima system who had their previous applications cancelled under immigration reforms passed on June 16, 2019.
The invites were issued to candidates who met the following criteria:
- Their application to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program under the old system was terminated as part of the governing Coalition Avenir Quebec’s Bill 9.
- They filed an Arrima Expression of Interest before December 17, 2019.
- They were in one of the following situations:
- Their terminated application was submitted pursuant to section 5.01 of the Regulation respecting the selection of foreign nationals, OR
- They were staying in Quebec on June 16, 2019 while holding a study or work permit.
This was the third draw to take place under Quebec Expression of Interest, with 1,394 invites issued to date.