APPLYING FOR A SKILLED – NOMINATED (190) VISA
This is one of the most well-known visa processes. Your application will be considered through a points-based system, which analyses what you have to offer to Australia once you move here.
You could be considered for a 190 visa if:
- You are working in a profession that is listed as in shortage
- You reach the standard necessary for points-based applications. This will be based on your age, English competence, training and work experience.
- You are sponsored by a state or territory.
GAINING STATE SPONSORSHIP
Each state has its own unique requirements. Some may be lacking skilled workers in a particular trade and as such, you may have a better chance of gaining residency if you choose your destination carefully. Occupation shortages change a lot, so it’s important to keep your finger on the pulse of Australia’s needs, or work with a registered migration agent who can advise and assist.
It may also be the case that one state has a higher English test score standard than the next, so it’s important to weigh up your options. There is no set formula for success to gain state sponsorship, so contact us today and we can advise you based on your skills.
Once you’ve been granted a 190 visa you’ll be able to:
- Work in any industry upon arrival
- Study at an Australian school or university
- Receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare
- Begin your journey to full Australian citizenship
- Sponsor others for permanent residency