Super Visa-Stay longer with your family
Depending on your nationality, you may need to give your biometrics:
For most Canadian visitors, they are allowed to only stay for a maximum of six months after their first entry into Canada. With the Super Visa, you can visit your child or grandchild in Canada for up to two continuous years without the need to leave and re-enter Canada every 6 months.
This article will let you know if you are eligible for the Super Visa and how to apply for it.
To be eligible for the Super Visa, you have to:
Medical Exam Requirements
Documents Required to Apply Super Visa
The application process is pretty similar to that of a Temporary Resident Visa for visitors. However, you will need to provide additional documents:
- An invitation letter from your child or grandchild, that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You will need proof from your child or grandchild that he or she meets the low income cut-off (recent Notice of Assessment, T4 or T1 form, pension statement, investments, etc.).
- You will need a document confirming your medical exam.
- You need proof that you subscribed to a minimum one-year medical insurance coverage by a Canadian insurance company, that:
- covers health care, hospital costs and your return to your home country,
- covers you for at least $100,000,
- is valid for multiple entries into Canada, and
- that you can show an immigration officer upon entry in Canada.
Why Seeking Expressway Professional Immigration Help is Important
While the procedures for applying for a TRV may seem uncomplicated, some applicants apply without seeking any help from an immigration lawyer, thinking that they can ‘do it themselves’. For TRV applications or Any Immigration Application, there is actually a higher risk of refusal in cases where the application is not properly prepared. The standards are very high. We find that the number one reason why applications are denied is due to forms not being correctly filled out and application not being properly prepared. It is a shame when someone can not fulfill their dreams because of one missed ‘dotted i’ or ‘crossed t’. You can increase your chances at getting an approval on your TRV / Immigration applications with the assistance of Expressway professional immigration experts.